Wednesday, January 21, 2009

" The work begins."

This is my message to President Obama. I was in the USA when the elections happened, and what really struck me, was the fervour with which he campaigned for the position. While every candidate does that, there was something which was earnest about him and his campaign that appealed to me. Adding on to that, being the first American Black President is not a joke. Agreed that we as people might have moved on from the racial questions, we, as the world, have not. And that is why this is so important.

President Obama has a lot of expectations on his shoulders. Not just from his own people, but also from people from all over the world. To set an example of what a good and real President, or , a better term, the person in power, should be. I am not a fan of politics. The only person I have always admired, who had a small connection with the administration of the country, is former India President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. But, even then it wasn't for his presidentship, as much as it was for his life as a scientist, as a scholar. President Obama definitely looked the part of a good President, and I have a lot of respect for him because of that. And so do hundreds of other people, as was clear from the ceremony held at the Capitol yesterday.

I definitely want to see a great leader in him from now on. I hope he does his very best for the world and his own country. I wish him Best of Luck, ad hope that his Presidentship will lead us to a path of success and a peaceful world.

No comments: